Top data center trends that will continue in 2016: edge data centers, software defined data centers and converged IT.
Only 17% of businesses will fully outsource their data centers. The other 83% will be hybrid. A strategy will be needed for not only managing and right sizing this model, but also for moving everything back in house when needed.
Data center managers will consciously divert spending on upgrades towards increasing cyber security in 2016
Open compute architecture has the potential to transform the data center industry but it will never be fully standardized.
As telecommunications companies re-evaluate business models and seek alternative and sustainable revenue streams, they will turn former central offices into data centers.
Expect fewer yet larger enterprise data centers in 2016 and beyond. Smaller and regional facilities will consolidate.+
2016 will be the “Year of the IoT Developer,” with 250,000 unique IoT applications created by 2020.
By the end of 2016, 50% of all companies will demand payment models based on usage for major IT and datacenter investments.
Green energy use will increase. By 2018, 8% of new data centers will be powered by renewables.
Voracious growth of social networks, mobile devices, online video and the IoT will keep demand for data center capacity and services growing through 2016.
By 2019, 45% of IoT-created data will be stored, processed, analyzed and acted upon close to, or at the edge, of the network.
Enter your email address or connect with LinkedIn to see the most popular predictions